“Worst to First: The True Story of Z100 New York”

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    UKJingles

For those of you that are interested in the once great Z100 a documentary is available to buy or rent now entitled..
      “Worst to First: The True Story of Z100 New York”
      Incidentally I can’t find it on any of the Torrent sites…… yet! ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21w1dp0wzaE

WAVA
        UKJingles;d-11818 wrote:
        the once great Z100

Z100 is still great.

JimScottGarland

It’s got quite a few authentic jingles from the Flamethrower to Red Hot to Z Plus.

JimScottGarland

Speaking of

Instrumelody;c-76672 wrote:
            Z Plus,

The package known as Z Plus had really great modern techno music and Reelworld style vocals that you expect in any CHR JAM package whatsoever.

UKJingles
            Author
              WAVA;c-76670 wrote:
              Z100 is still great.

I assume you are jesting? ?
              I listened to a bit yesterday afternoon (UK Time) and “Arses” were mentioned a lot plus a lot of bleeped out words and that was the Breakfast Show with Elvis somebody…
              The few “Sung” Jingles I heard sounded like they were produced with Autotune at 100% ?
              It certainly didn’t sound as big and exciting or as professional as it did back in the 1980’s/1990’s ?

glen

Typical RW auto tune jingle package

IainJohnston

As a cross-reference, the topic is on the Radio forum of a certain well-known site:-

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/2424330/z1oo-from-worst-to-first-documantary

mjb1124

While nothing about it is really to my taste anymore, there’s no denying that Z100 is still a very successful and widely-imitated CHR station.

TigerQ105
                      UKJingles;c-76676 wrote:
                      WAVA;c-76670 wrote:
                      Z100 is still great.

I assume you are jesting? ?
                      I listened to a bit yesterday afternoon (UK Time) and “Arses” were mentioned a lot plus a lot of bleeped out words and that was the Breakfast Show with Elvis somebody…
                      The few “Sung” Jingles I heard sounded like they were produced with Autotune at 100% ?
                      It certainly didn’t sound as big and exciting or as professional as it did back in the 1980’s/1990’s ?

Do you mean Elvis Duran? He was the starlight of the show when he moved to mornings in 1996.
                      Of course, it wasn’t as good as back then now, because Z100 has now become part of one company with KIIS-FM in LA.
                      Ever since the merger of Chancellor with AM/FM in 1999 to become Clear Channel (now iHeartMedia), Z100 slowly went downhill from then on.

And speaking of jingles, most people are divided over how good or mediocre the Z100 jingles sound now. To me, personally, Reelworld jingles were decent. Not as good, but decent. But nothing can beat JAM which does it miles better than theirs in the past.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.