WADS 690

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 months ago by .
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    radiocitybill

OK, folks, don’t know if anyone would have a clue on this one but figured I’d give it a shot.

A local AM in my area, WADS 690 in Ansonia, Connecticut at one point (guessing circa late 1970s or early 1980s) had jingles. Pretty certain it wasn’t JAM or PAMS and not sure when they disappeared, as the AM was handed off to an ethnic-based group who pretty much abandoned the station’s old identity. The station has gone dark, with its transmitter site being sold, the shack whose lack of repaired pretty much sent the transmitters into a watery grave and an alleged attempt to help the license from being deleted though there’s no witnesses to the carrier being turned on at the end of the one-year grace period.

Trying to find out what jingles the station had and the approximate time frame. I’d love to acquire a dub of them for historic sake but not holding out much hope as the two former employees I knew have no clue nor have been able to come up with any leads of their whereabouts.

MorganOCTL

They were produced by Ken R. I’ll PM you.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.