Stationsongs Sky Radio 1989 W.B. Tanner

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    MarcMannetje

In 1989 Sky Radio Netherlands was launched on cable with the famous Omnitrax package from JAM. But Top Format also produced these little songs with tracks from the W.B. Tanner Company, originally created for the country format of the 80s.

They had great lyrics (‘That’s my life set to music, that’s my story in a song’, beautiful arrangements and blended well – and are still part of our collective radio memory.

https://soundcloud.com/marcmannetje/stationsongs-sky-radio-1989-wb-tanner

m_hodgey

Thanks for posting Marc!

There was a fascinating discussion about these Sky Radio W.B. Tanner ‘Portraits’ cuts on Jon Wolfert’s Rewound Radio Show back on Sunday 14th June, particularly the renowned “belly flops” song with Bruce Wermuth singing the solo. The vocals to this package were recorded at JAM in Dallas in September 1989 (to complement the August 1988 JAM Omni-Trax jingles recorded in August 1988).

MarcMannetje

Interesting Mark. Although the package was ment to blend with Omnitrax, I never knew JAM resung Tanner packages -although Top Format was representative for Tanner too.

m_hodgey

> @MarcMannetje said:
            > I never knew JAM resung Tanner packages

They didn’t, only that particular one for Sky Radio because of the Top Format connection.

mb

Beautiful vocals

MarcMannetje

> @m_hodgey said:
                > > @MarcMannetje said:
                > > I never knew JAM resung Tanner packages
                >
                > They didn’t, only that particular one for Sky Radio because of the Top Format connection.
                >
                >

So the license deal was officially from/by Top Format… I really love these little insights. Thanks Mark!

ntcarver0

Have been wanting to hear these for a while now. Thanks for posting.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.