radio 1 jingle package 1987

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    wiggers

ive been collecting radio 1 jingles for many years, and i have downloaded some fantastic jingles of this very fine website, the reason im writing this, is because im after the radio 1 travel/weather jingles in full from the 1987 package, i have the 87 package but these jingles are not on the 87 cd, also im after the dj named jingles from the same package can anyone help regards wiggers

ratnob

I’m after 2 VERY obscure bits – the synthesizer track used behind the headlines on Newsbeat (if it helps, it went “nah nah nah nah naah nah nah nah nah nah nah”. Does that help?). Also the 6 second synth track that Tony blackburn played behind the 2 o’clock pips on his afternoon show.

How sad is that?

Geoff Barton

DJ

Geoff ,

The Orignal Radio 1 Newsbeat theme was NOT a jingle but a sample
          (the 1st 2 seconds) of Track 1 of an LP called “the in sound from way out”
          by a french guy called s perry RCA RECCORDS

Sorry to say this has been long deleted and I did see it about 6 months ago in a 2nd hand shop for about £65 so very hard to get hold of

Martin

ratnob

Oh, right – thanks Martin. I’ll give that a miss then. I’d half wondered whether it was produced by the BBC Radiophonic Workshop who used to do quite a few theme tunes etc for the BBC then. Thanks for clarifying.

TJ

The album is Jean-Jacques Perrey & Gershon Kingsley’s “The In Sound From Way Out”, which is available as half of “The Essential Perrey & Kingsley” CD in the UK from Ace Records – http://www.acerecords.co.uk – or catalogue number VCD71 if you want your local record store to order it. There are plenty of tracks on there which Kenny Everett used to use for bits and pieces too

DJ

The other CD worth getting is Moog Indigo a lot of the tracks was used
                by kenny everitt and I have found it on sale at amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000026F4C/ref=ord_cart_shr/026-2014964-1794833?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Martin

UKJingles

ratnob wrote: I’m after 2 VERY obscure bits – the synthesizer track used behind the headlines on Newsbeat (if it helps, it went “nah nah nah nah naah nah nah nah nah nah nah”. Does that help?). Also the 6 second synth track that Tony blackburn played behind the 2 o’clock pips on his afternoon show.

Happy Birthday Geoff…….

Are these the 2 items that you want??

http://www.pete-wilson.net/R1.mp3

http://www.pete-wilson.net/R2.mp3

The latter being on a cheap EMITAPE from 25 years ago…
                  Now I know why I did Hospital Radio for!!! LOL

Regards,

Pete

ratnob

Blimey, Pete, that’s impressive – the Newsbeat track is definitely the right one (except they just used the first bit and kept repeating it, if I remember correctly). The first track – under the ‘pips’ – is the right feel but not quite as I remember it (it was slower and a bit longer) … but who knows what the effect of age may be. Perhaps I’m just hallucinating! Thanks a lot, Pete.

ratnob

I’ve just posted what I think the Newsbeat backing track went like – memoroes of Laurie Mayer and Peter Gould doing the headlines over this around 1978, so it may pre-date a few Jingle Mad users! It was basically (I think) an edit of the first part of the synth track Pete unearthed.

DJ

I purchased The Essential Perrey & Kingsley from amazon and its a great cd full of bits that was used by Tony blackburn and kenny everitt from the 70’s and 80’s

Good to listern to them all again 😆

UKJingles

DJ wrote: I purchased The Essential Perrey & Kingsley from amazon and its a great cd full of bits that was used by Tony blackburn and kenny everitt from the 70’s and 80’s

Good to listern to them all again 😆

Could you post a few up DJ ?

DavidHemsley

ratnob wrote: I’ve just posted what I think the Newsbeat backing track went like – memoroes of Laurie Mayer and Peter Gould doing the headlines over this around 1978, so it may pre-date a few Jingle Mad users! It was basically (I think) an edit of the first part of the synth track Pete unearthed.

And what a great way to get your hit rate up – linking to the site itself instead of the audio 😉 everyone else links to their audio direct! much more community friendly :)

Don’t forget we have a download area here to feature stuff on –

ratnob

It’s all a bit technical for me, I’m afraid David – but will see what I can do!

DavidHemsley

Plenty of people here to help! just ask!

ratnob

Thanks, David – I’ve just worked out how to do it and have edited most of my previous posts so there’s a direct link to the audio. 😳

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.