My first extra-long US radio jingle montage (1960s-2010s)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Justin731994

My first extra-long US radio jingle montage is already on SoundCloud, and it has jingles from the Johnny Mann Singers, TM, JAM, Media General Broadcast Services, Firstcom, Thompson Creative, Otis Conner, Tony Griffin, and Ben Freedman. None of the jingles are from other companies. Some are from off-air recordings, and others are not from off-air recordings. The TM stuff includes jingles from Century 21and TM Century. This montage is less than two hours long.

https://soundcloud.com/justin-floyd-602324354/justin-floyds-ultimate-us-radio-jingle-montage-1960s-2010s

IainJohnston

Huge amount of work!
        But without a “Download” button enabled, a 1hour-40min-plus audio file is a bit hard to digest.

Are you able to activate the button on such files?
        {Note: some S/c downloader applications online are useless or dodgy}

Ewan

I think it’s a bit unfair to criticise Justin here, just because he’s using Soundcloud.

From what I’ve hard so far, the montage sounds lovely. I look forward to listening to the rest of it.

IainJohnston

Who’s “criticising?”
            You’ve somewhat misunderstood my comment, Ewan.

I’ve been using Soundcloud for donkey’s years (and other online audio storage/distribution services),
            and I’m aware of some of the technical changes (and even degradation in functionality of S/c) over time,
            including it being harder to download big audio files there to listen to later offline where a “pause” is necessary.

After all, how many people can sit around for 1 hour 40 straight to attentively listen to as an intensely
            compiled big effort as Mr Floyd has put on above, in “real time”?

Happy listening :)

Justin731994
            Author

Here’s a list of some of the stations in this montage for everyone:

KTDY Lafayette, LA – Century 21 All Hit Kit
              WZOU Boston, MA – Century 21 All Hit Kit
              WBCY Charlotte, NC – Century 21 Proton
              WQDR Raleigh – Century 21 Highway 21
              KCPX Salt Lake City, UT – TMCI Dallas Power
              WHOT-FM Youngstown, OH – TM Century Southern California’s Kiss
              KMAJ Topeka, KS – TMCI New Horizons and TM Century Big Time Radio
              WRQN Toledo, OH – TM Century Big Time Radio
              WAAL Birmingham, AL – JAM Laser Image
              WBJW Orlando, FL – JAM Hot KIIS and Skywave
              WCZY-FM-AM Detroit, MI – Firstcom Jingle Warfare
              WDTX Detroit, MI – TMCI Digital One
              WFLY Albany, NY – Century 21 All Hit Kit

Ewan

Who’s "criticising?"

You’ve somewhat misunderstood my comment, Ewan.

I’ve been using Soundcloud for donkey’s years (and other online audio storage/distribution services),

and I’m aware of some of the technical changes (and even degradation in functionality of S/c) over time,

including it being harder to download big audio files there to listen to later offline where a "pause" is necessary.

After all, how many people can sit around for 1 hour 40 straight to attentively listen to as an intensely

compiled big effort as Mr Floyd has put on above, in "real time"?

Happy listening :)

My apologies. It was difficult to tell if you were critiquing Justin because of a failing on the part of Soundcloud, or just making a jokey comment.

IainJohnston

No problem Ewan.

There ARE various alternative ways of downloading S/c items, especially necessary with long-play audio.
                  (and a big thank you to the well-known JMer that provided me with some further most helpful info last night!).

Unfortunately, the loss/lack of an enabled “Download flag” on “free-to-use” S/c to allow a “one-click”
                  download isn’t so easily compensated for by having to e.g. carry out a string of functions and typed-in
                  commands instead – that sort of thing is as bad as DOS-era keyboard bashing!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.