KGJ’s 1973 Logotronics, once again available for customisation.

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 month ago by .
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Norman Barrington

For many years, Ken Justiss, former Dallas Jingle Industry VP, performed the lion’s share of sono product for Dallas’ famous TM Productions. Back in 1972, he became friends with Steve England, who arranged for him to make a couple of sonovox jingles for the resurrected Radio Caroline. The Sono-montage “Radio-Radio Caroline” thus became synonymous with the new style station. Further in 1973, much to Chris Cary’s annoyance, Steve arranged for a full package for Radio Northsea International, entitled “Logotronics” Ken, still working at TM, produced this excellent package as a ‘homer’, under the moniker KGJ.

Wind the clock forward 40 years and KGJ, although now retired, was still producing basic sonovox cuts from his home studio. I had been managing the KENR Website design, demo players and ordering, since 1997 until his retirement and Ben Freedman’s “Jingleguy” offerings until his untimely passing, thus it was only natural for KGJ to ask me for help in giving him an online presence too.

He called his operation “SonoDallas”. Again I created graphics, players and ordering system, but I felt the jewel in the crown was missing. After a few tries, I persuaded him to look out the original tracks for the 1973 Logotronics package, and assured him, this iconic, yet timeless package would sell well today too. I knew it would be popular in Europe where it is instant nostalgia, but it proved popular in the USA too.

Towards the end of 2023 Ken’s health was not so good, and he did not feel he should continue with SonoDallas any longer. We closed it at the end of that year. He and his wife Char, thanked me for all the help I had given them, and as a goodwill gesture, gave me to rights to continue to retail Logotronics, also providing me with all the master multi-tracks.

These I have remastered, thus it has been possible to recreate some tracks as stereo for the first time. With help of a friend, we have also created some additional matching sonovox drivers, in order for more choice and flexibility in customisation.

I have chosen a young up-and-coming jingle producer, who really ‘gets’ jingles and does great sonovox, Linden Wade, to do the honours. His sonovox production does KGJ’s package true Justiss! (See what I did there!?)

Thus if you are running 70s music in your schedule, these cuts are a perfect match, they even work with other hits formats since, because, to quote Ken, “They maintain flow, and carry a punch!” Now is your chance to get good value iconic jingles, for your own operation be it on air or online, or even for personal use, own a piece of history. The Caroline montage cut is there too! Plus a 26 piece pre-record set to enhance your sound.

Please visit https://jingle.works/products/logotronics/ to hear the cuts and order your own Logotronics. For March 2024 only, I have arranged with Linden a 10% discount for members of Jinglemad. Please remember to quote JMNB10 for your discount. You could even buy one, and if you like what you hear, buy more in March, using the code again!

Whilst there you might look over his other Jingleworks products, which feature toady’s best Dallas singers.

Norman Barrington, March 2024

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.