Geoffy B’s new PAMS/JAM personal cuts (Sept 2022)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    ratnob

I was delighted to receive some new personal cuts from JAM this weekend – a sign that their capacity for making these silly little songs for those of us not in the mainstream radio industry is building again.

Here’s what you’ll hear:

1 PHILADELPHIA STORY #11 (TOH)
      Geoffy B plays my songs – Hunky Geoff

2 SOLID GOLD SATURDAY NIGHT (SGSN) #2
      Geoff Barton
      Geoffy B – playing my songs

3 SGSN #16
      Playin’ my fav’rites
      Geoffy B
      Geoffy B
      He’s Geoffy B

4 BEST SHOW #12
      The king of cheesy fav’rites
      Who is it?
      He’s Geoffy B

5 BEST SHOW 2 / #25
      This is a hybrid cut that I didn’t actually order, but Jon put it together from the earlier resings. It’s silly but wonderful.

Hope you enjoy them as much as I am.

Here’s the montage of new personal cuts:
      http://www.geoffbarton.co.uk//files/_IDs/GB-Sept-22-New-JAM.m4a

My full personal cuts collection is here:
      http://geoffbarton.co.uk/files/_IDs/Geoff-JAM.m4a

Ratnob
      aka Geoffy B

Davey_w

Ah good to hear some new Geoffy B cuts – love ’em! Especially the bonkers, bleepy last one ;) Plus – you can’t go wrong with Philly Story #11 – well done JAM.

logodave

Geoffy B, great selection!

JAM, ya’ll nailed the Philly Story!!
          (TX residency tenure influence on my OH grammar.)

There’s always fun and excitement from PAMS and JAM in STEREO in 2022!!!

nleibo

Yep–“Philly Story” cut may have “stolen the show”!..:)

IainJohnston

Excellent as ever geoff!
              1) did jon give you thr bestshow news in from that?,have it at home ig you want it

2) bAck in thr tape days I scroungeg WFIL and got some.og the air version of philly story direcy from them , plus their grif factory

Anonymous

Fantastic selection, Geoff :)

I particularly like the Philly Story re-sing. That’s probably one of my favourite PAMS cuts!

m_hodgey

Thanks for sharing Geoff; nice selection of new cuts there with great lyrics โ€“ love the Best Show โ€œwho is it?โ€ cut (one that is on my list of possible future cuts!)

With the recent JingleMad posts of great new JAM/PAMs cuts by yourself and Leibow, itโ€™s great to know that Jon is managing to fit a good number of personal cuts into sessions again. ๐Ÿ˜Š

mb

Things you already know – Those sound simply awesome.
                    Love the choice of cuts and as usual beautifully sung and produced.

Loved hearing those – more classics for your collection Geoff.

As Mark says above lovely to hear new material coming out and sounding amazing!

mjb1124

Great stuff all around. I especially liked hearing more resings from the Solid Gold Saturday Night package.

ratnob
                      Author

Many thanks, all, for your positive comments. G

Tony Mullins

Love them all! Great work from JAM!

TigerQ105

Fun stuff from PAMS and JAM!

Sean Martin

It’s always a thrill to hear what you’ve chosen, Geoff and to hear the craftsmanship out of Parkdale Drive ;)
                              I especially like the SGSN cuts.
                              Thanks for sharing your little treasures with us all.
                              -Sean

TimS

Just wondering … Is there a reason why grown-up men use ‘childish’ hypocorisms like Geoffy B, Hodgey, Jonno and Jenko? Maybe British?

IainJohnston

Sometimes it canbe because one’s hobby “persona” can be very far removed from the moreformal identity of one’s professional world of work , and its a good thing that those can be diiametrically opposite :-) :-) :-)

WAVA
                                    TimS;c-77556 wrote:
                                    Just wondering … Is there a reason why grown-up men use ‘childish’ hypocorisms like Geoffy B, Hodgey, Jonno and Jenko? Maybe British?

We have it in the USA too. Jack Da Wack and Bubba the Love Sponge.

TigerQ105
                                      IainJohnston;c-77557 wrote:
                                      Sometimes it canbe because one’s hobby “persona” can be very far removed from the moreformal identity of one’s professional world of work , and its a good thing that those can be diiametrically opposite :-) :-) :-)

If I had the chance to get some personal cuts, I’d definitely go with “Tora the Wildcat”. :D

ratnob
                                      Author
                                        IainJohnston;c-77557 wrote:

Elegantly put, Iain!

ratnob
                                        Author
                                          TimS;c-77556 wrote:

Oddly enough, for me the reason is much more practical. I like jingles that end with a big open vowel sound (like the ending of city names ‘Chicago’, “Philadelphia’ and ‘San Francisco’). It means the singers can hold the sing for longer.

Unfortunately ‘Barton’ doesn’t do this. But my son Matt hit on the idea of ‘Geoffy B’ because it makes for brighter jingles.

And, yes, I suppose it is childish as well.

IainJohnston

Childish?
                                            Never!
                                            As for the vocals as ratnob desctibes, the use of dipthongs that are my initials works well – think of all those JCs JPs and so on out there !

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.