“Country 107.3” CJDL Tillsonburg, Ont

• This topic has 7 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 4 months ago by .
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Walkerbroadcasting

Here’s some jingles from the station that I recorded off the air when signal lift/tropo conditions wiped out the near 20,000 blowtorch just 11 miles away from me to reveal CJDL, only 7,500 watts at a distance of 150 miles. They are very 80s sounding to me.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WBNNqX9IiUKY0e36D2c9aCCqCvZ2UBFi/view?usp=sharing

gameswizard

They sound like JAM to me.

glen

KYGO NEW TRADITIONS PACKAGE?

IainJohnston

Certainly the TOH under the noise sounds very like one of the JAM country cuts used on MOR
            Ocean Sound & Southern Sound on the South Coast of England a few years ago.

Having been in that area on summer holiday when those jingles were on air, I can say that they
            did “work well on the air” – would never have guessed at the time that they were intended for a
            “country” format !

PS – good FM “DXing” Mr Walker !

mb

And the news intro on BBC CWR (Incarnation one)

LenGroat

Yes that’s the KYGO News jingle (love it !) which we had re-sung, and used for 2 years with a slight edit on the instrumental logo melody part!

Walkerbroadcasting

Certainly the TOH under the noise sounds very like one of the JAM country cuts used on MOR
                  Ocean Sound & Southern Sound on the South Coast of England a few years ago.

Having been in that area on summer holiday when those jingles were on air, I can say that they
                  did “work well on the air” – would never have guessed at the time that they were intended for a
                  “country” format !

PS – good FM “DXing” Mr Walker !

I live up on a really tall hill, one of the tallest residential points for hundreds of miles, so that and my empty radio dial really help.

CJDL certainly has a “Throwback” feel to it’s all overall sound and presentation

firetypecinderace

Country 107.3 had the same jingle package as their sister country stations, CKWX in Vancouver (now City News 1130) and CKAT in North Bay, ON (now Country 600). Although, this station wasn’t sister stations till around 2017.

And, I know it’s old.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.