Cebu City/Bacolod jingle montage 2017-2018

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    firetypecinderace

Here’s a jingle montage from the Philippines, specifically the Cebu City and Bacolod areas. These jingles are recorded back in 2017 and 2018, off air. There are some radio stations in the Philippines using jingles that are franken-cuts (or frankenstein jingles, jingles that are poorly edited from jingle demos to form a new jingle), and some radio stations using jingles that they made themselves, so please tell me if you want to hear them too. Oh, and happy new year!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MEgpnbNS_YZ4BVacqsZ4zSyfMVAiTgKW/view?usp=sharing

Stations included, plus their respective cities.
      91.5 Yes! The Best (Cebu) – RW’s Radio Scoop 2
      93.9 IFM (Cebu) – iFM stations use TM’s Hartford’s Hot AC, Big Phat Kiss, and Detroit’s DRQ. All of these are featured in this montage.
      94.3 IFM (Bacolod) – Same as above, but TM’s Hartford’s Hot AC is featured in this montage.
      95.5 Star FM (Cebu)- Star FM stations use a hodgepodge of JAM and Thompson Creative packages. The resings featured here is Thompson Creatives’ Houston Mix I and JAM’s Flamethrower.
      95.9 Star FM (Bacolod) – Same as above, but the resings featured here are from JAM’s It’s All for You instead of Flamethrower.
      96.3 WRocK (Cebu) – TM’s CBS’ K-Lite and K-Lite 2
      97.9 Love Radio (Cebu) – Love Radio stations use a hodgepodge of TM, JAM and RW packages. The jingles featured in this montage are from JAM’s Quick Qs and Ready Mix.
      100.3 RJ FM (Cebu, relayed from Manila) – TM’s You (plus a VOA jingle from JAM because RJFM broadcasts VOA newscasts.)
      Y101 (Cebu) – This station uses Thompson Creative’s The Edge and Houston Mix I and TM’s Rhythm of the City. The jingles featured in this montage are from Thompson Creative’s Houston Mix I (There are 2 variations)
      102.7 Easy Rock (Cebu) – RW’s Delilah
      106.7 Home Radio (Cebu) – TM’s More Big Time Radio

Enjoy!

nleibo

sent my request– no reply???

TigerQ105

I think the best thing you could do is try uploading it on Soundcloud. I tried opening the link and unfortunately, it said access denied.

nleibo
            TigerQ105;c-76472 wrote:
            I think the best thing you could do is try uploading it on Soundcloud. I tried opening the link and unfortunately, it said access denied.

Pretty irresponsible–to leave a link and not reply..:(

firetypecinderace
            Author

Sorry. I turned on link sharing. Please try again.

nleibo
                firetypecinderace;c-76481 wrote:

Thanks–finally got to hear it. F-Y-I–a Jingle is /are words that are SUNG–the first station 91.5–is a “LINER” (spoken word)–NOT to be confused with a “jingle”. Again for those not in the know–“jingles” are SUNG–Spoken words are either “LINERS” or “Sweepers. “Jingles” and “Liners” & “Sweepers” are DIFFERENT “elements” and should not be “lumped together”-like “vegetables”.

firetypecinderace
                Author

Yeah, but the Yes The Best part is part is still a jingle, though.

TigerQ105
                    firetypecinderace;c-76481 wrote:

Finally, it works! Thank you.
                    Also, it’s quite weird that I heard two stations share identical cuts from the same jingle package in the same market.

I think Bombo bought several cuts for their Star FM Network based in Manila, while Y101 uses theirs for a station in Cebu.

firetypecinderace
                    Author

I know, right? Does Thompson have a one station per market policy? Oh, and these stations keep on playing the same jingles for years.

firetypecinderace
                      Author

Yeah, both Star FM and Y101 play different cuts, but in the same package. I don’t know when did they buy the cuts, but I bet it’s a long time ago.

firetypecinderace
                        Author

As I said, I have some jingles in the Philippines that are franken-cuts and jingles that are in-house (jingles that are made by the owners, and not made by any jingle company.), so if you want to hear them, tell me. Thank you.

TigerQ105
                            firetypecinderace;c-76503 wrote:
                            I know, right? Does Thompson have a one station per market policy? Oh, and these stations keep on playing the same jingles for years.

Not just Thompson, a lot of jingle companies do have the “one station per market” policy. From what I heard in the TM Century’s jingle purchasing guide on JMR, they do state that when you order the package for one station, you’ll receive a licensing agreement for market exclusivity.

That means, when you agree to it, you have the exclusive rights to play these jingles, and no other station can get that package which has been taken by one station.

Example: Station A bought a jingle package from Jingle Company A, and they hold the rights to play the jingles ONLY on Station A and not Station B, C, and others in the same market. So, if Station B wants to buy a jingle package from the same jingle company where Station A bought them from, they have to pick a different package. Or buy from a different jingle company which offers similar sounding packages.

Some jingle companies can also hold the rights to secure market exclusivity, not just a jingle package, but also for a logo melody, too.

Here’s another example: Station A bought a jingle package from Jingle Company B, with the three-note Kiss FM logo melody, and they hold the rights to that package and the melody, so it can ONLY be played by Station A, and no other stations in one market can air any other packages with that logo melody, as long as Station A keep its license to air their just-bought jingle package.

So, since Stations B, C, etc. can’t use that Kiss FM-sounding package anymore, they still have options. Either buy packages with different logo melodies, or you can buy a jingle package with the exact logo melody from other jingle companies.

But then again, things can change, like their branding or their format, so when that license ends, and Station A bought another package (from the same company) with a totally different logo melody, it’s almost possible to buy that jingle package with either the same logo melody, or they can customize theirs to make it sound unique. (correct me if i’m wrong on the last one)

TigerQ105
                              firetypecinderace;c-76507 wrote:
                              As I said, I have some jingles in the Philippines that are franken-cuts and jingles that are in-house (jingles that are made by the owners, and not made by any jingle company.), so if you want to hear them, tell me. Thank you.

Also, this might be an interesting thing to hear.
                              In my country, we have a lot of stations doing this sort of practice, especially in smaller areas.
                              I would be interested in hearing them, because its quite useful for my future refs.

firetypecinderace
                              Author

Sure. It’s coming.

mjb1124

By that, do you mean that only one station in a market would be allowed to use ANY Thompson jingles? Obviously stations have exclusivity on the specific package they bought, as another poster pointed out..

firetypecinderace
                                  Author
                                    mjb1124;c-76512 wrote:

By that, do you mean that only one station in a market would be allowed to use ANY Thompson jingles? Obviously stations have exclusivity on the specific package they bought, as another poster pointed out..

More than one station in a particular market can play Thompson jingles. Just not the same package. To me.

firetypecinderace
                                    Author

Oh, in the Philippines, some stations are in a nationalized brand (e.g Major stations like ABS-CBN’s MOR, GMA’s Barangay, TV5/NBC’s (Nation Broadcasting Corporation, not like America’s NBC,) Radyo 5, RMN’s iFM, Bombo Radyo’s Star FM, MBC’s Love Radio, Easy Rock, Radyo Natin, Yes The Best, etc.). Just like what Bell, Rogers and Stingray is doing with some of their stations here in Canada.

firetypecinderace
                                      Author
                                        TigerQ105;c-76510 wrote:
                                        firetypecinderace;c-76507 wrote:

Also, this might be an interesting thing to hear.
                                        In my country, we have a lot of stations doing this sort of practice, especially in smaller areas.
                                        I would be interested in hearing them, because its quite useful for my future refs.

It’s here now. I posted it.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.