BRMB 1984

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Bello

Hiya folks!

Hopefully in the next few hours, you will be able to listen to most of the cuts from the BRMB 1984 top-up package in the downloads sections of jinglemad. This is quite fitting considering a lot of this package were Christmas cuts.

This was a custom package produced by TM Communications which were added onto the 1982 ‘Because’ package by Standard Sound. At least I think this a custom package as I haven’t heard this in demo form for an American station. This package brings back some good memories of listening to BRMB in the mid-eighties and of jingles in that era on Midlands stations. In 1984 – Beacon had just phased out its EMison/TM jingles and brought in the ‘Better Music Beacon’ package from Alfasound, then you had the Standard Sound package on Radio Wyvern which was aired from 1982 until 1989 and Severn Sound had a nice package from Cath Baxter. Then up in North Staffordshire – new station Signal Radio had the Alfasound/Halle jingles.

If anyone has any memories of jingles from the mid-eighties in the Midlands, plus if anyone has got any idents from Severn Sound’s Cath Baxter package…please post them!

DavidHemsley

It might be more than a few hours – our FTP seems to be down again . . . :(

Inferno

Bello wrote: Hiya folks!

Hopefully in the next few hours, you will be able to listen to most of the cuts from the BRMB 1984 top-up package in the downloads sections of jinglemad. This is quite fitting considering a lot of this package were Christmas cuts.

This was a custom package produced by TM Communications which were added onto the 1982 ‘Because’ package by Standard Sound. At least I think this a custom package as I haven’t heard this in demo form for an American station. This package brings back some good memories of listening to BRMB in the mid-eighties and of jingles in that era on Midlands stations. In 1984 – Beacon had just phased out its EMison/TM jingles and brought in the ‘Better Music Beacon’ package from Alfasound, then you had the Standard Sound package on Radio Wyvern which was aired from 1982 until 1989 and Severn Sound had a nice package from Cath Baxter. Then up in North Staffordshire – new station Signal Radio had the Alfasound/Halle jingles.

If anyone has any memories of jingles from the mid-eighties in the Midlands, plus if anyone has got any idents from Severn Sound’s Cath Baxter package…please post them!

I didn’t know Cath Baxter did a package for Severn Sound ❗ I thought it was all Alfasound in the 80’s and Jam in 89. A great decade for jingles though! Great classics like Sue Mannings Mercia Sound and BBC Radio Stoke on Trent, David Arnolds BBC Radio Derby 85 package (the best uk sung package about in my opinion!) and the 2 packages before that but i dont know who did them,Alfasounds Signal 83 jingles! The list goes on and i get remenisent when i hear them as i started jingle collecting in the 80’s…Please correct me if i’m wrong but i’m sure BRMB’s Because top up package was aired in 1985.

Bello

Depends which Because package you are talking about.

The original Standard Sound ones are dated from 1982 and the TMCI top ups materialised from 1984 (I have a couple of them on my old off-air jingles tapes from that year) and came across the package years later. They were used until 1986 when BRMB had a new custom package from TMCI which were topped up again when the FM frequency changed from 94.8 to 96.4.

Yeah…Severn Sound used a Cath Baxter package from (unknown) until the latter of 1986 when they changed frequency. The Cath Baxter idents were in the era of the expression ‘Music, News and lots of Gloucestershire’. I have a couple of these on an off-air tape from 1984/85, though if someone has got the package…I would be definately interested!!!!!!!!

I know what you mean about the Radio Derby package from David Arnold, it was a fantastically sung package that really stood out.

Happy Days!

UKDJChris

Do you know when you might be able to upload the BRMB package, Bello ?
              It would bring back great memories of 80’s BRMB !

DavidHemsley

we have the file but we’re out of server space at the moment :(

we’ll see what we can do in a few days time . . .

Bello

Hiya folks!

The BRMB 1984 jingles are now in the downloads section!

CoventryLad

Hi everyone

Seems like it’s no longer there (or is it just me having a bad day?)

:(

Does anyone still have this file at all, please?

Cheers

Bello

CoventryLad wrote: Hi everyone

Seems like it’s no longer there (or is it just me having a bad day?)

:(

Does anyone still have this file at all, please?

Cheers

I’ve just had a look and the BRMB stuff is still there. You have to look under classic jingles.

Cheers

amigo

Guys,

I remember the Severn Sound Cath Baxter jingles…..#”stereo Severn Sound, Here comes Gold!”, classic.

Anyone have the BRMB frequency change updates? and the news jingle they were using at the time? (Big Drum and Brass effort)

Amigo

Admin

amigo wrote: and the news jingle they were using at the time? (Big Drum and Brass effort)

Which of course was an edit. BRMB had to edit it down from (I think) around 15 seconds.

Neal

Bello

amigo wrote: Guys,

I remember the Severn Sound Cath Baxter jingles…..#”stereo Severn Sound, Here comes Gold!”, classic.

Anyone have the BRMB frequency change updates? and the news jingle they were using at the time? (Big Drum and Brass effort)

Amigo

I’ve got the frequency top-up’s on tape, I will have to dig them out. The News Intro was part of the 1984 package – I will dig that out as well!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.