BBC1 TV – The Repair Shop 28th Sep 2022 – A very familiar face!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    IainJohnston

Not jingles directly…

But any UK JMers watching “The Repair Shop” on BBC1 a few minutes ago will have seen a certain “Steve Prentice”
      bringing in a family unicycle (!) for restoration.

aka…
      Steve England of Alfasound, S2Blue, and much more over the years in UK jingleland and radio.
      :)

DuncanNewmarch
        dreke61

Not for viewers outside the uk unfortunately.

gameswizard

If I’d happened to just be watching this (I don’t watch the program), I would never have twigged it was Steve England.

dreke61;c-77613 wrote:
            Not for viewers outside the uk unfortunately.

You didn’t really miss much.
            The only interesting part for me was watching Steve actually riding the unicycle – something I wish I could do.

As HD was too big of a file, here’s the SD version of the show. Use m001ch97 to unlock the file:
            https://bayfiles.com/X7UaD4Adye

IainJohnston

“….would never have twigged it was Steve England”

Mrs J had the telly on, and I wasn’t really watching, but suddenly thought “that guy’s the spitting image of Steve England!
              He turned bit more side on, and I was sure; so ran the Beeb “green button” back to the start of the programme, and
              right enough, they were introduced as “Steve Prentice and his sister“, which is course is his real name.

Not the first time I’ve seen a TV “factual entertainment” programme where a (supposedly) “ordinary member of the public”
              has appeared who in fact was someone well-known in radioland but whose actual visog wouldn’t be known to 99.999%
              of those watching. One would imagine that participants in such programmes get “a small fee for taking part;)

And now…
              …back to actual ID jingles… :)

PS – why do I think there’s some very early JAM demo or something (JAM 20 years CD???) with the V/O mentioning something
              about juggling on a unicycle? o:)
              …or was it tap-dancing? :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.