Alfasound Dallas 1984 Airchecks

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    DrachenSachen

Does anyone remember a cassette produced by Alfasound that had Airchecks of radio stations in the Dallas, Fort Worth area around 1984. I had this cassette but lost it many years ago.

I can still remember some of the jingles and stations on the cassette. But one that has stuck in my mind for years was “KLUV” and the jingle was:

#Where all the great songs have gone 98.7 KLUV#

Has anybody heard these jingles or indeed the cassette from which I refer :?:

NickyS

I have one of the aricheck cassettes – can’t remember which one it is as there were a number of them if my memory serves me right. I will have a dig through my tapes and see although it may take me a while as they are in three rather large boxes.

amigo

Those are the lyrics from a TM cut. I’ve heard demos of the package sung for KLUV and KLAC.

Amigo

JingleMad

Yeah I`ve got the Alfasound aircheck tapes – lots of jingles on them too – they include………..

New York City 1976
            New York City 1988
            Chicago 1984
            Florida 1986
            Dallas 1986
            Dallas 1987
            Las Vegas 1988
            Classic US Radio of the 60`s – Volume One
            Classic US Radio of the 60`s – Volume Two

David

Admin

The Dallas 1987 aircheck tape was by far one of my favorites. Sadly, its in a very big box in the UK. It included the recently launched CHR Y95 (KHYI) and Walton & Johnson at Kiss 106. The jingles in use on KLUV came from TMCI’s ‘Syncronism’.

The New York 1988 tape is also a belter. It included Power 95 with their short lived call letters of WWPR (before reverting back to WPLJ).

Great jingles, great jocks and great memories!

Neal

JingleMad

Neal wrote: The Dallas 1987 aircheck tape was by far one of my favorites. Sadly, its in a very big box in the UK. It included the recently launched CHR Y95 (KHYI) and Walton & Johnson at Kiss 106. The jingles in use on KLUV came from TMCI’s ‘Syncronism’.

The New York 1988 tape is also a belter. It included Power 95 with their short lived call letters of WWPR (before reverting back to WPLJ).

Great jingles, great jocks and great memories!

Neal

One of these tapes featured some great PAMS jingles…….

JingleMad

and…………..don`t forget all those lovely JAM jingles on the Alfasound Aircheck tapes.

As Neal said the Dallas 1987 is a great listen – including JAM jingles for Jim Steele at KEGL and Jon Wolfert sonovox cuts for “Battle of the hits”.

I also like the JAM cuts on the Florida tape plus there`s a “bit” with Dick Biondi on B96 (Chicago 1984) were he`s talking over the weather jingle-bed about a road rage attack and he forgets to read out the weather……

David

DavidHemsley

Neal wrote: Sadly, its in a very big box in the UK.
                    Neal

Funny how we collectors all have very big boxes

Spoons

Barras wrote:

I also like the JAM cuts on the Florida tape plus there`s a “bit” with Dick Biondi on B96 (Chicago 1984) were he`s talking over the weather jingle-bed about a road rage attack and he forgets to read out the weather……

David

A classic.

AND it’s handily on my hard drive!

So I’ve uploaded it.

So nerr.

http://www.unclespoons.btinternet.co.uk/B96.mp3

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.