Waves Radio 101.2 Peterhead, Aberdeenshire.

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by .
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Norman Barrington

Just over 25 years ago, I helped set up a brand new station in Peterhead. Previously it had operated as an annual RSL on 1566AM, but we applied for an FM licence which was granted just before Christmas of 1997. Apart from furning the equipment for, and building the studios, and organising the transmitter, I also bought it’s first full jingle package. It consisted of basic Acapellas from JAM and PAMS resings from Ken Deutsch who kindly gave us a very good price. I added a few borrowed cuts that suited too. Johnny Walker owed me a favour, so I asked him for some voicers, including a launch message. The station has now been sold on to new owners, so it’s the end of an era for Peterhead, and I thought this would be a good time to give you the main inventoru in high fidelity. I hope you enjoy the fun we had with lyrics.

WAVES FM 101.2 Jingle collection 1997

IainJohnston

A bit sad to hear that – Waves was one of the extremely few “Mom and Pop” (as the USA would call them) ILR stations.
        Hadn’t realised “Kenny” and Sylvia had retired.

“somewhere” I still have a copy of the original “BTRS” Ken Justiss sonovox cut, which was obtained through me an awful long time ago…
        but that’s another story…(as was RSN)…

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by .
        • This reply was modified 1 year ago by .
        Norman Barrington
        Author

Iain I replied to your questions, and it hasn’t shown up. I am not ignoring you. Of course if this doesn’t show it’s a pointless effort!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.