New Smooth Radio jingles – May 2023

• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 11 months ago by .
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    JingleMad

Just started on-air this morning in the UK.

Have a listen, let us know who you think made them before we publish details 🙂

Roy

IainJohnston

Verrryyy Innterreestinnnnng!

Wonder if the tired-old “Asda-price” logo is a clue? ;^)

Comment – the news bed is very strong under the news readout – could come down a tweak or two…

Admittedly a bit hard to listen to the station in the car here (105.2 comes in a bit noisy from Glasgow)
        but will have a listen online later)

aircheckdownloads.com

Those that follow us on Twitter will know the answer.

TigerQ105

Well, I just heard a few minutes of it a while ago, and the new sung logo sounded eerily similar to the ‘Key 103’ logo from the 2000s, except it had an extra 1 note added to it. But hey, like what Microsoft would say, ‘Shhh, let’s not leak our hard work.’ Just wait and see where it develops. 😉

TigerQ105

So, an update: yep, it’s true.

Smooth Radio has finally made the switch to ReelWorld.
              They got those smooth-flowing instrumentals and a new vocal group which I recall was recorded at the Abbey Road studios. (they teased that on their Twitter months ago)
              Surprisingly, the 5-note sonic logo reminds me of their Easy Radio package released in 2016.

Though, I’m gonna miss the Pure era from the 2020s which surprisingly fit better for soft AC. But I understand times change, and so does radio and its contents. So I think it’s well suited for Smooth to change their imaging for today’s AC radio in the UK. (No slandering intended, my opinions only)

• This reply was modified 11 months ago by .
              mb

It’s quite a nice package but doesn;t feel as smooth or soft as i would expect.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.