New! JingleMad Radio webplayer. Find it at https://jinglemad.com/webplayer

New JAM Video



Here is a new video of JAM recording Top News #2 yesterday (July 15, 2022) for KGEZ in Kalispell, Montana. The above video was featured in a Dallas feature story on jingle singer Rosana Eckert.

Rosana was interviewed by Jon Wolfert on Rewound Radio in 2019.
Tagged:
«1

Comments

  • Great to see and hear this.
  • So now that we know that JAM is still "up & running"--do we know anything about the "Personal Cuts" program?
  • edited July 17
    nleibo wrote: »
    So now that we know that JAM is still "up & running"--do we know anything about the "Personal Cuts" program?
    From what I read on this forum, they're on hold until further notice.

    (The reason could be the covid pandemic created a backlog for JAM's radio station clients which I'd guess take priority when jingle singing resumed...?).
  • The video Jon made showing how that cut was made was a great video and its a lovely lush cut - the orchestration and detail on JAM jingles is wonderful.
  • Too bad that this session video shows a first run-through of the jingle rather than a finished, or almost finished, version. The reporter came to watch a session, and it's her video.
    btw, Rosana deserves all the praise she gets in that nice article.
    nleibo wrote: »
    So now that we know that JAM is still "up & running"
    Who ever said it wasn't? We've been singing jingles for radio stations, which is our primary business. But with fewer sessions there hasn't been much ability to fit in many Personal Cuts.


  • Awesome video and article. Who were the other singers besides Rosana and Gary in the session?
  • JAM / PAMS wrote: »
    Too bad that this session video shows a first run-through of the jingle rather than a finished, or almost finished, version. The reporter came to watch a session, and it's her video.
    btw, Rosana deserves all the praise she gets in that nice article.
    nleibo wrote: »
    So now that we know that JAM is still "up & running"
    Who ever said it wasn't? We've been singing jingles for radio stations, which is our primary business. But with fewer sessions there hasn't been much ability to fit in many Personal Cuts.


    Its nice to see a work in progress and the singers (and yourself in action)
  • JAM / PAMS wrote: »
    We've been singing jingles for radio stations, which is our primary business. But with fewer sessions there hasn't been much ability to fit in many Personal Cuts.
    Is it your strategy not to answer to emails? Earlier Alex B commented "Trying to work with JAM is like getting blood out of a stone and we have given up." I don't understand why you don't answer to emails. Especially when my friend John A gets a message "yes we do personal cuts".

  • edited July 24
    nleibo wrote: »
    So now that we know that JAM is still "up & running"
    Who ever said it wasn't? We've been singing jingles for radio stations, which is our primary business. But with fewer sessions there hasn't been much ability to fit in many Personal Cuts.

    This is where I got the "impression" where JAM might NOT be "up & running" (from "Jingle Lover's" Facebook Group):
    <<"--Morgan Cunningham
    And one of JAM's last syndicated packages to date. Seems unlikely there will be many more.
    Reply13w
    Neil Leibowitz
    Speculation or "inside info"?
    Reply13w
    Morgan Cunningham
    Neil Leibowitz Educated guess. Jon talked about retirement on Rewound Radio. If he plans to retire in the next few years, I don't know how much sense there'd be economically to do a custom package and syndicate it, especially since it's not 1984 and the demand for jingles isn't what it was at that time. But, even if JAM did, "Right Direction" would still be among the last of their packages, hence my remark.">>


  • Probably just because of Covid they shut for awhile last yr.
  • The remark by Morgan was posted 13 weeks ago -- hardly "last year".
  • edited July 25
    nleibo wrote: »
    This is where I got the "impression" where JAM might NOT be "up & running" (from "Jingle Lover's" Facebook Group):

    Oh. So you're getting your impressions from a non-JAM person on a Facebook group? I see. What could go wrong?





  • TimS wrote: »
    I don't understand why you don't answer to emails. Especially when my friend John A gets a message "yes we do personal cuts".

    We do. If you wrote to one of the Personal Cuts email addresses you would have received an auto-response informing you that we were only doing those projects on a limited basis right now. Some requests we get are smaller, easier and faster to accomplish than others, and those are the ones we can fit in. There's not much point in engaging in lengthy email conversations about projects we are not willing or able to do at this time.
  • Much appreciate the clarification Jon
    Thank you.
  • Good to know, I'll keep that in mind when sending an inquiry.
  • Of course; There is a invention called a cell phone. You call and ask. I imagine someone at JAM will give a straight scoop.
    Beats gossiping or saying things you're not sure of.
  • Btw Email works I've asked Jon about stuff. And when gets time; he answers.
    And there are times during rewound that have asked questions. And if he thinks they are worth an answer he will do so.
    I just don't like to bother him.
    I'm ex radio guy.


  • edited July 26
    JAM / PAMS wrote: »
    nleibo wrote: »
    This is where I got the "impression" where JAM might NOT be "up & running" (from "Jingle Lover's" Facebook Group):

    Oh. So you're getting your impressions from a non-JAM person on a Facebook group? I see. What could go wrong?





    Well, Jon-- after emailing you several times and asking-- with still no response-- what would your "impression" be?
  • glen wrote: »
    Btw Email works I've asked Jon about stuff. And when gets time; he answers.
    And there are times during rewound that have asked questions. And if he thinks they are worth an answer he will do so.
    I just don't like to bother him.
    I'm ex radio guy.

    I have done the SAME thing--NO Response--and much like yourself, When does "persistence" become being a pest? After 3 emails with No Response, then reading an "Educated Guess", what "impression" would YOU get?
  • nleibo wrote: »
    I have done the SAME thing--NO Response--
    (214) 388-5454

  • JAM / PAMS wrote: »
    If you wrote to one of the Personal Cuts email addresses you would have received an auto-response
    When my friend John got a reaction from you that you do personal cuts on a limited basis, he forwarded your message to me. He said: I'm still not sure which cut to pick, so you go first. I filled in the form (like John did) and no answer. A second time, a month or so later, no answer. No auto reply. Nothing. And when I read @nleibo's message, it seems to happen more often. It makes me feel sad. Yes, it's "only" jingles. But it's also a company no reacting whatsoever.

  • edited July 26
    I did inquire using the form on the website, just saying I wanted to be on the list for when personal cuts opened back up, but didn't decide on a cut. Perhaps I'd get a response if I picked a specific one? Or just used another means of contacting them? I didn't get an automated response or anything. I definitely understand if the capacity to do personal cuts is limited, but there should be some form of response (even if automated) going out to anyone who inquires.
  • mjb1124 wrote: »
    I definitely understand if the capacity to do personal cuts is limited, but there should be some form of response (even if automated) going out to anyone who inquires.
    You hit the nail on the head. It would also be nice to know when the request IS possible. A reply would be a great start, but if you never hear back from a company after that reply, you still feel unwelcome.
  • edited July 28
    Just to clear up a few things:
    nleibo wrote: »
    After 3 emails with No Response
    We researched this and found that JAM had not received any emails from Mr. L this year. His only inquiry about Personal Cuts was sent to the email address used for comments related to my Rewound Radio show. The Rewound website specifically tells you not to use that message form or address for JAM inquiries because it is never checked during the normal course of business. It's just for messages related to the show.
    TimS wrote: »
    I filled in the form (like John did) and no answer. A second time, a month or so later, no answer.
    I would check on this but I can't tell who I'm looking for from just "TimS". In any case:

    The best way to inquire about Personal Cuts is to use one of these email addresses:

    For JAM: JamPersonalCuts@jingles.com

    For PAMS: PersonalCuts@pams.com

    If you write to either of those, you will currently receive an auto reply which says:

    "Thank you for contacting us about JAM or PAMS jingles. We appreciate your interest. Please be advised that at this time we are unable to accept many new production orders for Personal Cuts due to commitments to our broadcast clients and having fewer sessions. Because of this, you may not receive a reply until we are able to schedule your production in a reasonable period of time. Your email has been delivered.
    Thanks for your patience and stay safe."

    This message, or a similar version of it, has been in place since last December.

    We now realize that inquiries which were sent through the "Contact Us" page of the JAM website did not send this auto reply, and we're getting that fixed. Our apologies for that slip up. As with much of the world, it is more difficult to make sure that everything gets done these days.
  • It takes time to make things. { I've heard that someplace before}
  • JAM / PAMS wrote: »
    We now realize that inquiries which were sent through the "Contact Us" page of the JAM website did not send this auto reply, and we're getting that fixed. Our apologies for that slip up.
    Thanks so much for the clarification, Jon. Apologies accepted :wink: Not everyone reads the forum; maybe an idea to send earlier inquiries the info from the automessage? (Just a free advise.)

  • Thanks for clarifying, Jon!
  • Thanks Jon
  • thanks for sharing the video. Jam rocks! I've had a collection of their demos on audio CD. my favorite package was the do it again package, as originally herd on WCBS-FM in New York..
  • That's one of my favorites too, I found out about it being used on WTVN right here.
    When I first heard this on one of DB's videos, I thought it said "The pull circus giant" because I misheard it. After all, the jingle said, "The full-service giant".
Sign In or Register to comment.