New! JingleMad Radio webplayer. Find it at https://jinglemad.com/webplayer

Trading Suggestions

Here are some suggestions to think about when trading.

When you ask for a specific jingle package, most, if not all, collectors will send you their best quality with no guarantees. (Of course if a collector knows a dub is particularly bad by their own standards they should disclose this.)
They do this in good faith with the hope of helping you add to your collection also.
It's okay to set a high bar for yourself, but you can't expect everyone else to meet that bar, especially if it's set extremely or unreasonably high.
If you don't like what is sent, just say thanks, delete it, and move on. After all you didn't pay for it.

If you're a collector who wants everything perfect, make it clear what your standards are, and then live by those same standards when you send something to someone else.

When collectors want 'good' quality, I read that as 'good', not 'perfect'. It's free, so if it's something you want, take a chance. Everything doesn't have to be perfect to be acceptable or collectable. Almost every collector has jingles in their collection that aren't 'perfect'.
Remember you aren't selling them and many packages are already being preserved elsewhere.

If 'perfection' becomes the norm, collectors may stop trading for fear their jingle packages will not be good enough. Perfection is hard to come by.
If you aren't willing to accept imperfection, you will probably never get everything on your jingle 'want' list.

Collecting jingles that are of no interest to you may come in handy later when trading.
A jingle package that doesn't mean alot to you may be the one jingle package someone is looking for.

Let your collection be your collection. Don't be influenced by other collectors as to what to collect or what jingle company is best.
What might be considered the best in the U.K. may not be considered the best in the U.S. and elsewhere.

Don't 'ghost' someone after you get what you want, leaving the other person wondering what happened.
When you unexpectantly "disappear," don't think your best jingle friends won't be the first to find out.
After all, we all know the same jingle collectors.

Comments

• BA wrote: »
    When you ask for a specific jingle package, most, if not all, collectors will send you their best quality with no guarantees. (Of course if a collector knows a dub is particularly bad by their own standards they should disclose this.)
    Do collectors still trade package for package?
    One suggestion is to send a one or two IDs as an Mp3 sample. The other person then has an idea about the quality. Its then onto them to accept or decline the rest.

• In answer to your question, yes.
    But I like your idea.
  • The information above is a great guide. Many of us have been trading since the days of cassettes. Quality was always a factor. Additionally, trading pkg for pkg meant basically pkgs of equal size. One pkg of 30 cuts of doesn't equal one of 10. And I made lists of who I traded with and what they sent me vs what I sent them. I hated getting the same jingles repeatedly and often told my trading partners so. That kept us all on level footing.
  • Thanks jinglejoe. If everyone is on the same page, trading is much easier.
  • "Many of us have been trading since the days of cassettes"

Cassettes!!!???

New-fangled technology compared to some of us on JM!
    :)