New! JingleMad Radio webplayer. Find it at https://jinglemad.com/webplayer

Radio Kent 50th birthday - looking for 00s jingles...

Hi all, as a child of the 80s living in Kent, Radio Kent was one of my favourite stations for a while... happy to see they just celebrated their 50th birthday and inspired by this, thought I'd make a lockdown mix of jingles. However, whilst I was great at collecting the earlier stuff (Giltrap, Alfasound, I'm missing a selection from David Arnold, BBC Creative/JAM, Mcasso (and others?) - does anybody have a few cuts in the clear you'd be willing to share? And of course I'll post my mix when it's done...

As a taster, here's an excerpt I found last year when transferring some old cassettes to digital files - it's presenter Dave Austin playing his sung ID for the first time (the other presenters had theirs as part of the Alfa 1986 package).

Comments

• I have Kent news and some IDs from Mcasso and I also have the some of the new Reelworld stuff as well if you would like that.
  • The best has to be the Amphonic Music Package from 1976! ;) ("On the Medium Wave..2....9...0..... Radio (Radio) Medway")
  • Does anyone have any of the Giltrap jingles? I gave a few recorded off-air and shared on Soundcloud but some better quality ones would be fantastic.
  • Spent a good few weeks in between work putting the final mix together - you can hear it on the link below. Thanks to all who sent me audio. Acknowledging the creative work here of Amphonic Music/TBS, Gordon Giltrap, Alfasound, David Arnold, BBC Creative/JAM Creative Productions, IQ Beats, Mcasso, Reelworld.