New! JingleMad Radio webplayer. Find it at https://jinglemad.com/webplayer

MeTV Jingles

I've noticed recently here in the USA, spots for MeTV (which I suppose has been around for a while, it's just I am not much of a TV viewer, and I guess spots for the service aren't typically placed on any of the radio programs I tend to listen to, although recently while tuning in to WGN in Chicago to the Rollye James show, I've noticed these spots, which caught my ear because they seem to feature what seems to be a JAM jingle at the end of the spot.
Then, purely by coinky-dink this afternoon, I came across this: WHIO Classic Television MeTV - Jam Warp Factor

and was delighted to hear some additional versions of these fine jingles. It got me to thinking, even though these are JAM'N Gems created for TV, I wonder if anybody else may have similar MeTV jingles from other markets, or heck- perhaps even the U.K. or elsewhere equivalent of such a channel they would like to share?

Thanks in advance should anyone care to respond & share :)

((RadioBoy))

Comments

• This particular video jingle is similar to what I have recently been hearing on WGN
    Antenna TV plays JAM jingles

It seems Shadoe Stevens is adding the V.O. tag to the spot WGN is airing, but I'm curious if other markets have commissioned JAM to provide similar custom MeTV jingles for their market. I'd love to hear any if someone out there is aware and/or can post any samples.

*Trivia question: In the still frame that you see for the video (which also appears at the :22 second mark in the video), there are two guys sitting on the couch, one with a remote control in his hands. I'm not much of a sitcom fan, so I can't place the name of the show, although the guy on the left seems to be a familiar face I recall, but the guy on the right with the remote control - could that be Rocky Allen? formerly of WPLJ, WPRO, WDVD fame? sure looks like him to me.
  • Tooling around online, I discovered another obscure TV jingle for the TimDY TV Network

I have no idea who TimDavis is (showing my age I suppose) but it seems he reviews things on Youtube, and his channel features some clips with more custom JAM jingles:
    While the reviews do nothing for me, I commend Tim for his selection of jingles B)
  • Ah what the heck, here's one more I found:
  • edited December 2020
    Tim Davis is one of the countless numbers of people who makes YouTube video reviews, I don't think he's well known in any significant circles. But the jingles are great touch!

Are you sure the ad you heard was for MeTV and not Antenna TV? Antenna and WGN are both owned by Nexstar, and both use JAM jingles as you point out. WHIO is the Dayton MeTV affiliate that got their own JAM jingles - those weren't for the national network. If MeTV is airing JAM jingles nationally, or any other affiliates are using them, it's news to me.
  • edited December 2020
    Radioboy wrote: »
    Ah what the heck, here's one more I found:

It's funny Variety Pack #3 comes up in this discussion because WGN Radio, owned by Nexstar (also AntennaTV's owner), uses the same cut but holiday themed with a jingle bell sound effect underneath. Listen here.
  • mjb1124 wrote: »
    Tim Davis is one of the countless numbers of people who makes YouTube video reviews, I don't think he's well known in any significant circles. But the jingles are great touch!

Are you sure the ad you heard was for MeTV and not Antenna TV? Antenna and WGN are both owned by Nexstar, and both use JAM jingles as you point out. WHIO is the Dayton MeTV affiliate that got their own JAM jingles - those weren't for the national network. If MeTV is airing JAM jingles nationally, or any other affiliates are using them, it's news to me.

Ah yes, one of my imaging contacts at WGN said the relatively new Nexstar management "loves" JAM jingles. They've gotten a new set of 20 or so JAM jingles for each year of their WGN Radio ownership, so hopefully we'll hear another set in Fall 2021 if the pattern continues!