New! JingleMad Radio webplayer. Find it at https://jinglemad.com/webplayer

Obscure Request: Kenny Everett promo / Radio 1 Ten Year Anniversary

edited January 2017 in Jingle Swaps & Needs
This is an obscure request which may only make sense to collectors who, like me, are of a certain age.

I'm trying to locate a very specific piece of audio. It's a Kenny Everett trailer for the opening of Radio One, in which he does typical Kenny things with different pieces of classical music. I want it because of something I'm asking for in my next personal cut from JAM.

The promo was featured in the Radio 1 'Ten Year Anniversary' documentary that aired back in 1977. I recorded this on cassette, and the late, great David Barras made it a digital file when he took on my whole collection of tapes and cassettes. And now I can't find it on my computer.

So if you either have that R1 documentary, or Kenny doing a promo for the station in the weeks before it opened, I'd love to hear from you.

GB

Comments

• I'm sure that promo was used in Radio One's 'Radio, Radio' documentary which was aired in 1985?
  • Yes, almost certainly.
  • edited January 2017
    Hi Geoff, I've got a recording of the 10 year celebration programme and Kenny's first show on Radio 1 complete. The 1977 programme is uploading to Dropbox for you now.
  • and ive got a recording of Kenny Everett on radio radio if that's any good
  • Hi Geoff, I've got a recording of the 10 year celebration programme and Kenny's first show on Radio 1 complete. The 1977 programme is uploading to Dropbox for you now.
    Much appreciated.