New! JingleMad Radio webplayer. Find it at https://jinglemad.com/webplayer

BBC Radio York TM 1991

Hi hi hi,

Can anyone please, please, please, please (yes, I'm desperate) help me? I used to have the BBC Radio York TM 1991 full package (got it from someone on here years n years ago but can't remember who). Was on old PC but this has now gone to PC heaven and taken the jingles with it. Would anyone please share a copy with me. I do hate to ask but don't know where else to go :(

Many thanks

Ste

Comments

• Jingle Jaunts
    I think
  • Nope, that is only a small sample on there. What I had previously was more, quite a bit more :)
  • Have you checked to see if Tracy Carman's MPF (Media Preservation Foundation) might have it on their "available" list?
  • edited May 2016
    Have you checked to see if Tracy Carman's MPF (Media Preservation Foundation) might have it on their "available" list?
    I can say with some certainty that this package isn't yet on the list as the reference dub still lies in TM's vault in Dallas; I know this because a dub of this one from the MPF is high on my wants list.

I've got a decent copy of the package, but it is not complete as some mixouts of certain cuts are missing, most notably ramp and acappella versions. Drop me a private message Stephen if you want me to sort out a copy of what I've got for you.

• Are two tracks I have sat on my PC & backed up to OneDrive (just in case !!!)

• edited May 2016
    Have you checked to see if Tracy Carman's MPF (Media Preservation Foundation) might have it on their "available" list?
    I can say with some certainty that this package isn't yet on the list as the reference dub still lies in TM's vault in Dallas; I know this because a dub of this one from the MPF is high on my wants list.
    You are correct. The reference isn't in the archives here. My recollection, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that this was a TM/Muff package and therefore likely not in with the rest of the references.

The only thing I find in our archives are various resings from Alfa / JAM...
  • edited May 2016
    My recollection, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that this was a TM/Muff package and therefore likely not in with the rest of the references.
    The 1991 package was a TM Century composite made up of cuts from Proton, All Hit Kit, Miami's WAXY, WNSR '91, KFRC and K-Lite. The earlier (and more sought after) 1989 "More Hits More Headlines" package was a David Arnold custom package with vocals recorded by JAM.
  • Have you checked to see if Tracy Carman's MPF (Media Preservation Foundation) might have it on their "available" list?

I've got a decent copy of the package, but it is not complete as some mixouts of certain cuts are missing, most notably ramp and acappella versions. Drop me a private message Stephen if you want me to sort out a copy of what I've got for you.

Hiya Mark, PM sent, thanks :)
  • Not a bad package either :) ... if only all the locals had of had such taste !!!

• The 1989 David Arnold jingle package (sung in Dallas by JAM Creative Productions) is the pinnacle of Radio York's jingle packages in my humble opinion, particularly because of its liveliness when compared to most typical BBC local radio packages.

Presumably because the 1991 TM Century package came through David Arnold, some of the non "more hits more headlines" sung cuts from the 1989 package continued to be used alongside the 1991 package, such as the "Welcome to another North Yorkshire morning" cut (3:30 in montage) and "It's the weekend and the greatest hits" cut (12:27 in montage). There was also the "BBC Radio York on the road" cut which seems to missing from that particular montage.

Interestingly, there was no travel cut with the 1991 package and instead the travel cut from the BBC Radio Leeds JAM package was used in the form of "We Talk New York" #12. Never been sure why that happened?

As mentioned earlier by Glen, Robin's excellent Jingle Jaunts blogspot from 2009 gives some great detail regarding BBC Radio York's packages over the years and worth a read if you haven't seen it before: http://jinglejaunts.blogspot.co.uk/2009/05/bbc-radio-york.html
  • The 1989 David Arnold jingle package (sung in Dallas by JAM Creative Productions) is the pinnacle of Radio York's jingle packages in my humble opinion, particularly because of its liveliness when compared to most typical BBC local radio packages.
    Seconded Mark. The 1989 package was a joy to hear on the air. I have lots of recordings of these jingles off air.