Recently got into creating station (and client) jingles using some AI skills

• This topic has 10 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 4 months ago by .
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    btthevoice

Well, don’t rib me too much.. I’ve actually sold some of this stuff.
      Your (constructive) comments are welcomed.

Bob Taylor

Rowin

Thank you very much for sharing, Bob!

I’m not a music expert and I can’t sing in tune, so I can’t say if these jingles are musically and technically OK. What I do know is that I like them better than many of the station ID’s that have been created by many companies in the past decade or so. That is, of course, also a matter of taste. To me, many new jingles nowadays are all the same: computer logo, some ad lib.s and call letters sung by one or two singers. Compared to these new jingles, I think I like your jingles more.

I can imagine stations buying jingles like these. So well done. Like most of us on the forum probably, I love the work composers, producers and artists (all real people) create to make jingles. But we also know that AI is capable of many things already. So thanks again for sharing.

btthevoice
        Author

Thank you Rowin.
          You don’t have to be a music expert to appreciate music. It’s all in the ear of the beholder. If you like ’em, I’m sure others will too.
          Of course a lot is done using AI, but as a life-long voice over artist, I made the decision about a year ago to get “on the train” in lieu of “getting hit by it”.
          Best to you and your followers
          Bob

Steve Jenkinson

Hello Bob … my apology for not being in touch lately … I must work on new cuts. Now, re your post, very interesting indeed. It is just the dawn of AI jingles and some I have heard have been, average to poor, at best. However, some of yours sound good. The blue grass / country and the “Beach Boys” style cut I really like. Does the AI also write, create and produce the music too? It is going to a very interesting over the next few months, and years, to see how this technology affects, or maybe enhances, our jingle lives. Keep it up Bob and very best wishes, Steve.

btthevoice
            Author

Hello Steve.
              I generally put the lyrics together myself. AI has no idea the purpose of what it’s creating, and it tends to try to make melodies go a certain way as if it’s part of a song. It’s all in how you craft some of the prompts. It’s still a wild art, and there’s a lot of trial and error. Also a bit of post-production to put it all together. Not easy. But faster and cheaper than hiring an orchestra and singers LOL

Rowin

Well yes Bob, it’s much better to get on the train instead of being hit by it. Similar to Rock ‘N’ Roll has got to go: it never went away, it even became mainstream back in the days.

Some of the traditional jingle companies have introduced AI. For example, Top Format, JAM’s representative in Europe, offers a hybrid group. In their own words: “We have a special offer of hybrid live and AI-generated singers, producing impressive results.” I’m not sure if the traditional companies are exploring composing jingles using AI. I bet they are. Maybe they can hire you.

And yes Steve, it’s just the dawn of AI jingles. I like your words to describe that.

btthevoice
                Author

Things are moving so fast, that a year from now, my wife (who knows absolutely nothing about any of this) will be able to produce a jingle in 30 minutes.
                  So I’m (visual here) sliding under the garage door before it closes, and just seeing if I can sell a few before the inevitable end of my opportunity.
                  I think a more long-lasting effort is in the area of creating jingles for commercial businesses. There are a lot more of them that radio stations and people always enjoy hearing their name (or their business name) in a musical composition.
                  Here are some samples of what I’ve come up with

Commercial Jingle Demos

UKJingles

I think they are great..Now if you could only get AI (Skynet) to impersonate the Dallas Singers! 😂
                    How much are you charging Bob?

btthevoice
                    Author

my prices are as flake y and unstable as the tools I’m using.
                      I’ve sold a couple to two of my favorite “voice over” customers who run “hobby” stations for $40. (that would be for 2 jingles up to :25 secs)
                      Then a commercial retail business one might go for $200 (a :30 a :60 a bed only and an acca ta
                      Still working out what the markets will bear.

Neil Leibowitz

Good Stuff,Bob–can you message me–I have a question I’d like to ask you–off the board

Neil

TigerQ105

My 2 cents:

I think some of these IDs are quite impressive, Bob. However, I thought some of these cuts did have some melodic issues, something that only humans could try and perfect them. But hey, it’s still better in terms of production quality without over-relying on melodic logos or the same vocal groups. Reminds me of the old TM stuff.

But, I had my hopes that we could try to combine the smart, intelligent creativity of a human with the futuristic sound of AI, which to many feels so lifeless, boring, or something like that. I’m not saying AI is a bad thing, but now that the radio industry is embracing the ethical use of AI, whether it’s for making realistic listener comments for sweepers, doing the news and weather updates when a human has no time to do so, or to just ‘spill the beans’ and get to know about the latest buzz.

As for radio jingles… Eh, as long as we still have real jingle singers and producers, why not try to synergize with each other and try to be more creative? It will outdo the ordinary cookie-cutter jingles with the same-old, same-old logos. But remember: AI is AI. It may be the unstoppable force in the industry, but nothing could outdo humans, even in the next 10 years.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.